Sunday, August 26, 2007

What I wish for you for your family session....

I think too many times as a photographer I lose 'ME' to cater to what I think my clients want. Don't get me wrong - I want you to get what you want, but in a way that makes us both thrilled. I am not a fan of posed pictures, and if you know me you know that much. Of course the pictures are somewhat posed - I mean you can't just plop a 6 month old down and have him 'do stuff' - lol. But the whole 'everyone look here and smile at the camera' thing - it is just not ME. I wish I could explain to clients what I want them to WANT from their family session. So I asked MY family photographer if I could borrow some of her pics for my blog. When we spoke, I explained to her that I wanted very few posed shots. In my gallery there are a few of us all looking and smiling - of course you want a few of those. But for the most part, I asked her to just capture us doing our thing. I am not going to lie - it was weird being the subject for once (I HATE having my picture taken). But I tried to forget she was there and I did things with my kids that we normally do. My son always grabs me from behind and hugs or jumps on me, my hubby and son always 'punch' before bedtime. Things that I want to remember from this year - moments I will never get back. I am thrilled with my family pictures - they are US. They capture us as we are - and they are PRICELESS to me. These were all taken while I was on vacation with friends in Cape May. If you are from the South Jersey area - look up my photographer! She is wonderful. Her name is Jeanne Kane and her biz is called Photo Essence. Here is her website:
www.pephotography.net







No comments: